Georgia Peach Pound Cake Y’all
Today, enjoy one of the MOST DELICIOUS peach recipes on the Parkview menu! That’s right. We’re sharing the recipe for one of our resident’s most beloved desserts. If you make it for your loved ones, be sure to tag us on social media when you share your culinary creation with your friends and family!
It’s the MOST wonderful time of the year…PEACH season! From now through September, Parkview Dining Services will be serving some of the most delicious and nutritious fruits our southern states have to harvest!
Did you know just ONE peach each day….
- …improves your digestion. One peach provides 10% of your daily fiber. This means better digestion, improved overall gut health and healthier blood sugar levels!
- …improves your immune system. One peach provides 17% of your daily Vitamin C and 10% of your daily Vitamin A!
- …gives you beautiful skin. Hydration is key to healthy skin, and a peach is 85% water. In addition, it’s loaded with Beta Carotene, which aids in protecting skin from the sun and residual sags and wrinkles!
- …provides an abundance of other antioxidants that are believed to aid in brain health, prevent cancer growth, and assist in weight loss and management!
Georgia Peach Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch tube pan and coat with white sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Reserve ¼ of the flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Back for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For sauce you can puree some peaches, add 2 tablespoon cornstarch and cook low until thick. Serve as sauce over cake.
This is one of many scrumptious dishes you can enjoy at Parkview Senior Living. Our Parkview chefs consider only the best ingredients as they prepare what’s healthy and delicious for our residents. Enjoy the finest of peach season at Parkview! And just wait ‘til you see what they do with blueberries! Learn more about our Parkview Dining Services here.