Autumn has come and the kids are picking out their costumes for a night of candy celebration! It’s time to snuggle in with the family, grab a cup of hot cider (or cocoa if you prefer!) and settle into a great Halloween movie. Some like the screams and chills, others just like the fun, so we’ve broken up a list of great classic choices to make your pick easy:
Fun for all ages:
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – This family classic has been around since 1966. Every age has loved it ever since and no one captures the childhood fun of Halloween like Charles Schultz.
- Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie – Released in 2005, this is another perfect family film if there are some toddlers in the mix. All the characters we know and love invite us to experience trick-or-treating in the Hundred Acre Woods.
- Spooky Buddies – This is one in the series of well-loved Air Bud movies. Little ones will especially feel at home with this one, but fur-lovers of every age will enjoy the sweetness of an otherwise spooky holiday. (2011)
For a little more fright element, consider the following for a slightly more mature family crowd:
- The House with a Clock in Its Walls – It’s a rivalry between witches and warlocks presented in family-friendly form! Released in 2018, this film’s main character Is a 10-year-old boy, and that’s about the youngest age we would recommend watching, as it does introduce the spirit world without all the horror.
- Cruella – This is another movie that, although it doesn’t focus on the events of Halloween, brings in all the elements of creepy with a touch of evil. With the premise of explaining all the events that brought Cruella Deville to her villainous condition, there are some violent moments that give it appropriately a PG rating.
Halloween doesn’t have to be all jump scares and nightmares. We hope you enjoy the family fun of this season!