Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? An entire month designated to your very favorite summertime treat! There are countless places in the area where ice cream is a unique and delicious adventure.
- Knox Dough in West Knoxville and Maryville https://www.knoxdough.com
- Cruze Farm in Downtown and East Knoxville https://www.cruzefarm.com/
- Legacy Creamery in Tullahoma https://www.legacycreamery.com/
OR….try making it in your own kitchen!
Easy Homemade Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup milk (it doesn’t matter what kind…whole, 2%, chocolate, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon flavoring (flavor suggestions below)
- Root Beer
- Coffee, Irish Cream, (… be courageous!)
- Add ingredients to a pint size zipper freezer bag and zip shut.
- Place that bag in a larger (quart or larger) zipper bag and add ice to outside bag until bag is halfway full.
- Add about 6 tablespoons salt (rock or regular) to the outer bag.
- Zip outer bag shut and shake, turn, toss, and mix the bag.
- In about 5-10 minutes you will have cold hands and yummy ice cream.
(Note: Author wouldn’t even think of recommending these without first trying them! Each is fabulous, easy, and affordable!)
Have An Ice Cream Get Together!
Invite your fellow Parkview neighbors over and have an ice cream social! What toppings can you add? Here are some of our favorites:
- Whipped cream
- Hot fudge
- Caramel drizzle
- Fresh berries
- Edible cookie dough
- Lemon curd
- Chopped nuts
- Granola (great way to get some fiber in your diet, too!)
- Chocolate chips
- Don’t forget the cherry on top!
No matter what you decide to top your ice cream with – we know that ice cream tastes better when served with your friends. Did you know many of our Parkview locations have soft serve machines right in the café available 24/7? That ice cream social may be a weekly affair once you move in! Learn more about life at Parkview Senior living here.