Summertime summertime sum sum summertime….Don’t just sing about it, enjoy it! As we get rolling in these sunny balmy months, it’s time to make a bucket list and have fun like never before!
- Join a new club. Check with friends and family members to see if you can tag along with them and maybe discover a brand-new hobby!
- Are you a civil war buff? An art afficionado? Just one who loves to learn a little about everything? Explore the top museums in Knoxville and stroll through one a week!
- Pick the shadiest hill and plan a picnic with a friend.
- Attend a Little League game. Even if you don’t have a child or grandchild on the team, it may just bring back the sweetest summertime memories to cheer on the young ones while munching on some popcorn and a hot dog.
- Order two scoops of ice cream instead of one. If you don’t have a favorite ice cream spot, consider inviting over some friends or the grandkids and making your own!
- On Wednesdays and Saturdays this summer, plan to stroll through the Knoxville Farmer’s Market and buy fresh! Not a foodie? Just head to Market Square to people watch and breathe in some fresh air. There’s always a great mix of people and pets who are doing the same!
- Every Tuesday and Wednesday this summer Regal Cinemas offers $2 kids movies! That doesn’t mean you have to BE a kid to enjoy them!
- For some reason even the biggest non-readers enjoy picking up a book in the summertime. Make a list of several that you always wish you had read and commit to completing your list before fall. You can even start a book club and explore some favorites with friends!
- Go thrift and garage sale shopping. It doesn’t even matter if you buy something…sometimes it’s fun to just search through someone else’s trash to perhaps discover a treasure!
- Run through a local splash pad! Summer fun isn’t just for kids, after all!
There are lots of cool ideas for entertainment this season. Let’s make the dog days of Summer a season to cherish old memories and create some new ones! Create your own list or feel free to borrow our top ten but do plan to ENJOY every minute!