What dessert makes your mouth water once summertime rolls around? At Parkview, we have several scrumptious desserts that our residents just absolute love like Coconut Cream Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, and apple Raisin Crisp. Now we can’t give away trade secrets but we can provide you with a few easy desserts that you can try for yourself. Let’s make some culinary memories!
Easy Strawberry Shortcake (Light and Refreshing!)
1 quart strawberries sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 12-oz sponge cake dessert cups
1 7-oz can whipped cream
- Place sliced strawberries into a container. Add the sugar and place a lid on top. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes until all sugar is dissolved.
- Please each dessert cake cup into a different serving bowl and smother with strawberries and top with whipped cream to taste.
This next dessert is a bit more complicated and time-consuming, but if you and your loved ones are coconut fans, it’s sure to be a huge hit!
No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Pre-made graham cracker crust
3/4 cups heavy cream
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz cream cheese
2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest (from 1 lime)
1/2 cup key lime juice
Whipped cream and lime zest for serving
- Using a whisk attachment (or beater attachments for hand beater), whisk the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Transfer to another bowl and set aside
- In the same bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and lime zest. Using the paddle attachment, beat on med-high speed until smooth and well mixed, scraping sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add the key lime juice. Increase speed to medium and mix until well combined. Gently fold mixture in the whipped cream.
- Transfer the filling to the pie crust and smooth into an even layer. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Serve topped with add’l whipped cream and lime zest (optional).
Our last dessert takes advantage of all the wonderful summer peaches that are I abundance.
6 large peaches, sliced (about 2-1/2 lbs.)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
Pinch kosher salt
1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Preheat over to 375º. In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in melted butter and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Pour peaches and juices into a large baking dish. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over peaches
- Bake until topping is golden and peaches are bubbling, 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
We hope you enjoy these recipes and they become among your summertime dessert staples!